Following the gifting of our building and much of our endowment in March, 2010, Members and Friends of United are finding and providing volunteer leadership for new and creative ways to “be church”. With hope and excitement we have moved forward on a journey of faith toward increased spiritual vibrancy, enhanced fellowship and continued commitment to helping others in our community.
The Spiritual Life and Diaconate Ministry works closely with our Pastor to guide the spiritual life of the congregation and to care for our less mobile members. The ministry explores new ways of worshipping, praying, learning and caring for one another.
- Congregation members regularly participate in Sunday worship services.
- Adult book groups and faith formation programs are offered seasonally by members, the pastor, and seminary students.
- Communion is celebrated the first Sunday of every month and is open to all.
- Less mobile members are visited regularly
- Our “Pick Up Choir” provides music for the worship service – all are welcome.
Sunday School and Child Care is available on Sundays. Children and families are welcome at United. Children may go to Sunday School at the beginning of the service and child care is offered for the duration of the service. Both the Sunday School and child care are held in the room adjacent to our worship space. Children and youth regularly participate in worship including with music, reading, and special worship events.
The Community and Fellowship Ministry supports and encourages the active involvement of the congregation in the life and work of the Church. The ministry coordinates events that encourage the congregation to get to know each other in more ways than simply exchanging smiles. Nicknamed the “Fun Ministry,” the group organizes Sunday Fellowship including “Soup and Spark” Sundays when we gather to share bowls of homemade soup and gather in small groups. Through this ministry we have gone to baseball games together, swapped plants, held picnics, created art during advent and held Thanksgiving meals. Annually the church gathers for a fall weekend retreat.
The Missions and Outreach Ministry leads efforts to help others in the community and wider world.
- United is a Just Peace Congregation and advocates for justice and equality.
- Congregation members actively participate in “hands on” mission projects.
- United actively supports other local organizations with volunteers and fiscal contributions